Tips for Driving in the Rain
Dallas, we have some rainy days ahead! Consider these tips while driving in the rain to avoid being involved in an accident.
- Give yourself more time for heavy traffic due to the rain and so that you can drive under the speed limit.
- Make sure to stay focused and remove any distractions.
- Keep a safe following distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
4. If there is low visibility, law requires that you turn on your headlights to help you see and be seen.
5. Drive under the speed limit due to the slick roads. The speed limit is for ideal driving conditions so with wet pavement, you vehicle needs more time to stop than it normally needs.
6. Double check that your windshield wipers are in working condition before this rainy season starts.
7. Do not drive around barricades and watch for signs that indicate flood areas.
8. Avoid the use of cruise control because it could cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
9. Be aware of the possibility of hydroplaning; you only need slightly wet roads and speeds over 35mph to hydroplane.